Output Reigion part

Hello, I want to output a single layer of elements around the wall. The wall is shown below. (0,0,0)-(1,0,0) and (1,0,0)-(1,0.14,0)

Then I use th following expression.

[soln-plugin-writer]
dt-out = 0.1
basedir = .
basename = box-{t:.2f}
Region = box((0,0),(1,0))

But the vtu in the paraview is not the part of the wall, it’s the whole ramp. Is anything wrong?

Is your case 2D or 3D? If it’s 3D for the box region you’ll need to give it x, y, and z coordinates.

My case is 2D. and I use “pyfr export *.pyfrm *.pyfrs *.vtu”

I think as defualt the config parser is not case sensitive, but could you just see if region = works

I tried, but the output vtu is also the whole model. It doesn’t work.

The exporter configparser does not support wild cards. You need to explicit name the mesh, soln, and outf. See here: PyFR/__main__.py at b5b43574af1311867d3f23f0ea7b5bf20cd1fdff · PyFR/PyFR · GitHub

Or see pyfr export --help

Yes, I used the explicit name, * just refers to the file name. I use the pyfr export a.pyfrm a.pyfrs a.vtu -d 4.

Are you running the latest version of PyFR? (1.15.0 if you’re using pip or b5b4357 if you’re using git)

Beucase I have used this feature alot and it works fine for me. Are you sure that the solution files (pyfrs) were created with the ini file you expect? You can check this with h5dump -d /config some_file.pyfrs

You can use the

region = bc-name

syntax to get a single layer of elements. For example, if your bottom wall is called lower then

region = lower

will do what you want.

Regards, Freddie.

3 Likes

Okey, now it works.

And I have a question. I want to calculate the Cf, after I output a layer of elements near the wall and calculate the gradient_velocity, Is it correct to extract the data with “plot over line” at y=0.001? (the height of the first layer is 0.001) But in this way, Cf is incorrect. The case is 2D, Or what else should I do?