Mesh partition error

Hello, I began to run the pyfr 2.0, versions up to 2.0 run normally. When I did the mesh partition by pyfr partition 30 a.pyfrm ., it comes error.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/pyfr-2.0/bin/pyfr”, line 8, in
sys.exit(main())
File “/home/pyfr-2.0/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pyfr/main.py”, line 124, in main
args.process(args)
File “/home/pyfr-2.0/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pyfr/main.py”, line 190, in process_partition
mesh, rnum, part_soln_fn = part.partition(mesh, args.progress)
File “/home/pyfr-2.0/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pyfr/partitioners/base.py”, line 393, in partition
vparts = self._partition_graph(graph, self.partwts).tolist()
File “/home/pyfr-2.0/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pyfr/partitioners/metis.py”, line 166, in _partition_graph
part_graph_fn(
File “/home/pyfr-2.0/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pyfr/ctypesutil.py”, line 37, in _errcheck
raise self._statuses[status]
pyfr.partitioners.metis.METISErrorInput

And I didn’t install the metis, so I tried to install metis. I used this patch2 packeg, but the error come out , which is attached below. Could someone help me solve it?

I’m pretty sure that this is due to metis not being linked to gklib, you should be able to check by using ldd on the libmetis.so

I am not sure if you had seen the error, when I use commond cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/path/to/install in the build file, the error comes out.

As per the install guide:

https://pyfr.readthedocs.io/en/latest/installation.html#parallel

PyFR v2 now requires 5.2 of METIS.

Regards, Freddie.

PS This is not a METIS support forum. If you require support with compiling METIS please open an issue here: GitHub - KarypisLab/METIS: METIS - Serial Graph Partitioning and Fill-reducing Matrix Ordering

1 Like

On the other hand, could you tell me how to check by using ldd on the libmetis.so?

With best regards

Yes, I also tried the METIS-5.2.1, it comes out the same error.

It is almost certain that you have the incorrect version of METIS. This exact error is known to be caused through use of 5.1.

Regards, Freddie.

Hi @fei,
In the current git version of metis, at the end of file metis/CMakeLists.txt I find these 4 lines:

# Recursively look for CMakeLists.txt in subdirs.
add_subdirectory("build/xinclude")
add_subdirectory("libmetis")
add_subdirectory("programs")

If the subdirectory “build/xinclude” does not exist, hide that line with # character
PS: I use windows and do not have that subdirectory.