How to use in-situ visualization technology in PyFR?

I want to use in-situ visualization technology in PyFR and paraview ,what should I write in config file ?

@fdw will correct me if I’m wrong, but there is not an out of the box feature supported in PyFR. However, if you wanted to do this there are two options available to you:

1. Within the soln-plugin-writer plugin, there is a post-action option which can be used to run command line scripts. So you could write a python script to run paraview, from that you could also call pyfr export ...
  2. You could write a plugin that calls out to Alpine: https://alpine.dsscale.org/. This is something that we’ve thought about for a while, but haven’t yet had the bandwidth to do.

Just an update here, in situ visualisation is now supported via ascent and conduit. See the ascent plugin.

3 Likes

Is this function related to Catalyst vasulization ? Where can I get detailed instructions on using this feature? PyFR Example for in-situ Catalyst Visualizaiton - General - PyFR

That’s a very old commit and catalyst is no longer supported in PyFR. With the current develop branch we only have Ascent. There’s currently an open pull request on the git for documentation of the ascent plugin, but I haven’t had the time recently to get it finished. Also see this topic: Ascent plugin examples

Further to this, if you have any specific questions, I’m more than happy to answer those.