Boundary values with entropy filter

Hello everyone,

I tried using solver entropy filter to calculate supersonic flow with shock waves, but strange physical peak values appeared at the inlet boundary.

I used type = sup-in-fa and type = char-riem-inv methods, but none of them were solved.

Is it a grid problem?

Good wishes.

How big are these ‘peak’ values relative to the background?

Compared to the environmental background, its magnitude is not very large, about twice that of the background, because the background uses a flow value of 1.0

Good wishes.

What is the initial condition, and what is the condition that you are applying at this boundary?

Sorry for my negligence, it should be due to an issue with the initial values. Thank you for your reminder.

Also, I don’t quite understand the meaning of these three variables. How should the minimum values of p and rho be adjusted? Also, etol. Thank you for your suggestion. I am very confused about this.

Does adjusting their values have any impact on capturing shock waves?

Can you show the full configuration file for your case?

Regards, Freddie.

Thank you for your attention, I understand that my problem is due to an unscientific setting of the initial value, I set the initial value u=0.0, and as time advances the strange spikes near the inlet will be eliminated, but a larger problem has been found, which can be described in detail as seen in one of the new threads I’ve started, thank you for your time.

Regards, Wgbb.