Apply symmetry boundary conditions at the three domain face

Hello,

I applied symmetry boundary conditions at the three domain face, but the error appears: ValueError Unpaired periodic boundary in mesh. can’t pyfr set symmetry boundary conditions at the three domain face?

Are you using high-order meshing? What meshing software are you using?

I did’t use high-order meshing, the software is pointwise.

It’s a cube with structured grid. and symmetry boundary conditions is applied on the three faces, periodic_0-l, periodic_1-l, periodic_2-l. Can symmetric boundaries be applied only on an even number of faces?

You can have as many periodic faces as you like, however you need to have a matching r and l face. ie you need a periodic_0_l and periodic_0_r. See here in the documentation (right at the bottom): [soln-bcs-name] — Documentation

Yes, but there are three surfaces that need to be set as periodic faces, two of them are periodic_0_l and periodic_0_r, and how to set the rest one?

What you are trying to do is not possible. The periodic boundary conditions pair two faces as described in the documentation. I don’t really understand how three faces can be periodic.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0021999113000557?ref=pdf_download&fr=RR-2&rr=86b73c6b5e52643a

Three dimentional Noh problem in this artical need to be set three periodic boundary conditions.

Thanks a lot.

Symmetry conditions are not periodic boundary conditions.

Regards, Freddie.

OK, could you tell me how can I set symmetry conditions in pyfr?

Try a slp-adia-wall.

Regards, Freddie.