Tecplot 360 now supports high order element VTU files

Tecplot 360 2023 R1 has just been released and includes support for VTU files with high order elements, which makes Tecplot 360 compatible with (some) PyFR output. In this version of Tecplot 360 we support P2-P4 Lagranian elements as defined by the CGNS standard and have validated compatibility with PyFR output through the generous support of a number of PyFR users.

This is our first deposit to support the HOE community and hope that you all find it useful and productive for your work.

I’m interested in getting additional feedback from this community and am happy to offer an extended evaluation to anyone on this forum. Feel free visit our website or reach out to me directly for more information.

I’ve seen reference to the “Clean to Grid” filter being required for some cases - we don’t have an equivalent to this implemented yet - please let me know if you need this capability for your use case.

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for the update; clean-to-grid is quite an important filter in ParaView to make results look good. Adding that would be excellent, otherwise, I’m not very familiar with Tecplot and it’s features.

1 Like