• Python 3.9.16
  • libxsmm-1.17
  • gcc-8.5.0 (RHEL8.5 Default)
  • OpenMPI-4.1.2
  • PyFR 1.15.0 (install ed with Pip)
    I built the libxsmm from source with documentation and when ı run
    “mpiexec -n 8 pyfr -b openmp -p euler-vortex.pyfrm euler-vortex.ini”

I’m getting the error.
“AttributeError: /home/libxsmm/libxsmm-1.17/lib/libxsmm.so: undefined symbol: libxsmm_fsspmdm_create”

With PyFR-1.12.0 ı don’t get any error with same configuration.
Is there something i’m missing?
I tried build the libxsmm on the local disk and share storage. The result is same.

Any suggestions?
Thank all.
Regards.

Your version of libxsmm is too old. From the installation guide:

libxsmm >= commit 0db15a0da13e3d9b9e3d57b992ecb3384d2e15ea compiled as a shared library (STATIC=0) with BLAS=0.

The absolute latest git revision of libxsmm contains some breaking changes, so I would go for that exact revision.

Regards, Freddie.

Hi Freddie,

I’m not sure why first time ı get error with this commit but ı decide use the stable release. But this time it works.
Thanks a alot.

Regards.

I have the same problem and have no clue on what ‘‘commit 0db15a0da13e3d9b9e3d57b992ecb3384d2e15ea’’ means.

This means that you need to use a commit of libxsmm with a hash equal to or newer than that listed.

Using git log you can see the history of your repo.

1 Like

Thanks. However when I run PyFR it seems that the program is unable to load xsmm and libxsmm.so even if the path is set as the one in the instruction.

You need to set the path to be wherever your compiled version of libxsmm.so is. This is unlikely to be identical to what is listed in the example.

Regards, Freddie.

1 Like