Error while importing the gmsh to PyFR

Hello All,

I am very new to the group as well to the PyFR, so please excuse me for my naive query. I am trying to import a 3D cylinder mesh (from gmsh) to PyFR but getting the following errors:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/csp/anaconda3/bin/pyfr”, line 10, in
sys.exit(main())
File “/home/csp/anaconda3/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pyfr/main.py”, line 112, in main
args.process(args)
File “/home/csp/anaconda3/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pyfr/main.py”, line 126, in process_import
mesh = reader.to_pyfrm()
File “/home/csp/anaconda3/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pyfr/readers/base.py”, line 20, in to_pyfrm
mesh = self._to_raw_pyfrm()
File “/home/csp/anaconda3/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pyfr/readers/gmsh.py”, line 277, in _to_raw_pyfrm
rawm.update(mesh.get_connectivity())
File “/home/csp/anaconda3/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pyfr/readers/base.py”, line 196, in get_connectivity
raise ValueError(‘Unpaired faces in mesh’)
ValueError: Unpaired faces in mesh

Even though I tried to get rid off the triangle cells, and now the gmsh report says that it has: 43510 Hexahedral and 15282 Quadrangles. I am facing this issue for couple of days, so any suggestion/comment will be a great help to me. Thanks in advance.

Hi Chandra,

There is likely a problem with your .geo file which is causing Gmsh to
generate a mesh with unpaired faces.

If you share your .geo file someone on the mailing list may be able to
help you track down the specific issue.

Regards, Freddie.

Hello Freddie,
Many thanks for your prompt reply, as per your suggestion, I will take a closer look at the Gmsh file and will try to figure out the problem, if still the problem persist I will share the geo file in the group. Thanks again for your kind help and time.